Are you ready to kick off the New Year with some delicious homemade treats? Look no further! In this article, I’ll be sharing some mouthwatering baking recipes that are perfect for the New Year celebrations. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply want to indulge in some sweet delights, these recipes are sure to impress your friends and family.
- 1 Lemon Blueberry Scones Recipe
- 2 Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 3 Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 4 Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- 5 Apple Cider Donuts
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
Lemon Blueberry Scones Recipe
One of my favorite baking recipes to kick off the New Year is a delicious batch of Lemon Blueberry Scones. These scones are bursting with zesty lemon flavor and packed with juicy blueberries. They are a perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee or afternoon tea.
To make these delightful scones, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
Here’s how to make these Lemon Blueberry Scones:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the cold cubed butter to the dry ingredients and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, being careful not to overmix the dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape it into a round disc, about 1-inch thick.
- Cut the disc into 8 equal wedges and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the scones are golden brown on top.
The aroma of these Lemon Blueberry Scones baking in the oven is truly irresistible. Serve them warm with a dollop of clotted cream and a drizzle of lemon glaze for an extra burst of flavor.
You have a mouthwatering recipe that is perfect for starting your New Year off on a sweet note. Enjoy these Lemon Blueberry Scones with your loved ones and celebrate the fresh beginnings of the year ahead.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
If you’re looking for a sweet treat to bake for the New Year, look no further than these delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. They are a classic favorite that never fails to satisfy your craving for something indulgent and comforting. Plus, they are incredibly easy to make!
To whip up a batch of these tasty bars, you’ll need a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry: all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, and of course, chocolate chips.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make these irresistible Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking dish with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together 1 cup of softened unsalted butter, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in 2 cups of your favorite chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Tip: For an extra special touch, you can drizzle some melted chocolate or sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top of the bars before serving.
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are perfect for any occasion, whether you’re celebrating the New Year with friends and family or simply treating yourself to a homemade delight. They are guaranteed to bring a smile to everyone’s face and leave you wanting more.
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
One of my all-time favorite baked goods to make for the New Year is Cinnamon Swirl Bread. The warm and comforting aroma of cinnamon filling the air is enough to make your mouth water. It’s a delightful treat that is perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
To make this delicious bread, you don’t need any fancy equipment or ingredients. Just some basic pantry staples and a little bit of time. Here’s how I make it:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water, and butter until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm (about 110°F). Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the milk mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5-7 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and roll it out into a rectangle shape on a floured surface. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the dough.
- Starting from one of the shorter ends, carefully roll the dough into a log. Pinch the seam to seal.
- Place the dough into a greased loaf pan, cover, and let it rise for another 30-45 minutes, or until it has risen just above the rim of the pan.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes, or until it is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
Thumbprint cookies are a classic and versatile treat that can be enjoyed all year round. For this New Year, I am excited to share my recipe for Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies, which combines the tangy sweetness of raspberry jam with the nutty crunch of almond.
Here’s how to make these delicious cookies:
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream together 1 cup of unsalted butter and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 2 cups of all-purpose flour to the creamed mixture. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter, and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Make an indentation in the center of each cookie using your thumb or the back of a spoon.
- Fill each indentation with a small spoonful of raspberry jam. I like to use seedless raspberry jam for a smooth texture, but you can use any type you prefer.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup of finely chopped almonds and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Gently press this mixture onto the edges of each cookie, creating a delicious almond crust.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies are a delightful addition to any New Year dessert table. They have a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth texture, and the combination of tart raspberry jam and crunchy almonds is simply irresistible. Whether you’re serving them at a holiday gathering or enjoying them with a cup of tea in the afternoon, they’re sure to be a hit.
Apple Cider Donuts
When it comes to New Year’s baking recipes, Apple Cider Donuts are an absolute must-try. These delightful treats combine the flavors of apple cider and warm spices to create a cozy and comforting treat that is perfect for celebrating the start of the year.
To make these delicious donuts, you will need a few key ingredients, including apple cider, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, granulated sugar, eggs, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract. The cider is what gives these donuts their unique apple flavor, while the spices add a warm and aromatic touch.
To start, you’ll want to reduce the apple cider down to concentrate its flavor. This step is crucial as it intensifies the apple taste, resulting in a more flavorful donut. Once the cider has cooled, it is then incorporated into the donut batter along with the other dry ingredients.
The next step is to mix in the wet ingredients, including the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. This creates a smooth and cohesive batter that is ready to be fried into delectable donuts. One of the great things about this recipe is that the donuts are baked, not fried, making them a healthier option without sacrificing taste.
Once the batter is prepared, spoon it into a donut pan, filling each cavity about three-quarters full. Bake the donuts in a preheated oven until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The smell of freshly baked apple cider donuts will fill your kitchen, creating an irresistible aroma that is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face.
These donuts are best enjoyed warm, either on their own or with a dusting of cinnamon sugar. The combination of the tender donut with the sweet and slightly tangy flavor of the apple cider makes for a truly delightful treat.
Consider serving Apple Cider Donuts at your next New Year’s gathering or enjoy them as a special breakfast or afternoon snack. They pair perfectly with a warm cup of coffee or cider and are sure to impress your friends and family.
In this article, I introduced a delicious baking recipe for the New Year – Apple Cider Donuts. These cozy and comforting treats are the perfect combination of apple cider and warm spices. Made with key ingredients like apple cider, all-purpose flour, and cinnamon, these donuts are a must-try for any baking enthusiast.
What sets these donuts apart is that they are baked instead of fried, making them a healthier option without compromising on taste. The step-by-step instructions provided in this article guide you through the process of preparing these delectable treats. From reducing the apple cider to mixing the dry and wet ingredients, every detail is covered to ensure your donuts turn out perfectly golden brown.
Whether you’re planning a New Year’s gathering or simply want to enjoy a special breakfast or afternoon snack, these Apple Cider Donuts are a fantastic choice. Their warm, comforting flavors will leave you wanting more. So, why not kick off the New Year with a batch of these delicious donuts? Happy baking!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the key ingredients for Apple Cider Donuts?
A: The key ingredients for making Apple Cider Donuts include apple cider, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, granulated sugar, eggs, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract.
Q: Are Apple Cider Donuts healthier than regular donuts?
A: Yes, Apple Cider Donuts are considered a healthier option because they are baked instead of fried. This reduces the amount of oil and fat used in the recipe, making them a healthier choice without sacrificing taste.
Q: How do I make Apple Cider Donuts?
A: To make Apple Cider Donuts, you need to reduce the apple cider, mix the dry and wet ingredients, spoon the batter into a donut pan, and bake until golden brown. The full recipe with step-by-step instructions can be found in the article.
Q: Can I serve Apple Cider Donuts for a New Year’s gathering?
A: Absolutely! Apple Cider Donuts are a cozy and comforting treat that would be a great addition to any New Year’s gathering. They can be served as a special breakfast or afternoon snack for your guests to enjoy.
Q: How should I serve Apple Cider Donuts?
A: Apple Cider Donuts are best enjoyed warm. You can serve them as they are or pair them with a hot cup of coffee, tea, or apple cider for a delicious and satisfying treat.